Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cereality

Last evening, I watched an episode of "The Secret Life of Breakfast" on the Food Network. As I have mentioned before, I am a big fan of breakfast. One of the segments especially intrigued me, concerning a restaurant called Cereality.

Cereality is a "cereal bar and cafe." You choose your favorite cereal, add whatever toppings you wish, and top it all off with milk. The cereals include many name brands of both hot and cold cereal like Frosted Flakes, Captain Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Cheerios and much more. The toppings bar includes items from malted milk balls to fruits and nuts. You can even make a larger portion of your own cereal and toppings to go and package it in your own designed cereal box. To eat your cereal, they give you a "sloop" which is a spoon that can also act as a straw so you can drink the milk at the bottom of your bowl when the cereal is gone.

This is a franchise with current locations in Arizona, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Nothing in Massachusetts yet though. But maybe in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard,

I saw your posting on Cereality. Have you heard any more about the company? I have seen one of their first franchises in Charleston. I am interested in pursuing a franchise but am a little concerned about the sustainability of the concept, expecially since they have already closed at least one store. Thanks.

Richard Auffrey said...

Hi and welcome to my blog:
Sorry, I have not heard anymore about this franchise. Though it is an interesting idea, I really don't know how well it would do.