Monday, August 6, 2007

Takumi Teppanyaki

Teppanyaki for lunch. Yum!

We decided to have lunch at Takumi, a place I have previously reviewed. I am definitely a big fan of Takumi and this is not the first time I have had their Teppanyaki.

I did begin my meal with some sushi, including Anago (salt water eel) and Otoro (fattest part of the tuna). Both were fresh and delicious, the Otoro as smooth as butter. I also ordered a bottle of the Kurosawa Junmai Kimoto sake ($18). This is a half bottle, cradled in a wooden box filled with ice to keep it chilled. The sake is superb, with a tinge of banana flavor.

For the Teppanyaki, I ordered a combination of filet mignon and lobster tail, the spiny lobster ($25.95). The meal comes with miso soup and salad. Instead of white rice, I ordered the fried rice. The fried rice is cooked on the grill and is absolutely delicious. The filet was tender and tasty and there was plenty of lobster. You also get some shrimp appetizers as well as assorted veggies. While eating, you are treated to the skills of the chef. This is like dinner and a show. You even get dessert, ice cream with fried pineapple.

The Teppanyaki menu has many choices, including ones you do not see at many other restaurants such as sea bass. Prices are reasonable for all the food you get. Service is very good and the food is delicious.

I continue to give Takumi a hearty recommendation.

Takumi
197 Daniel Webster Hwy.
Nashua, NH
Phone: (603) 891-1717
http://www.takumijapanese.com

No comments: