Sunday, September 2, 2007

2004 Cantina Sasso Aglianico del Vulture


I previously tasted the 2004 Cantina Sasso Aglianico del Vulture ($11.99) at a wine education class at the OurGlass Wine Co. I had a bottle of the wine last evening with a meatball calzone. I enjoyed it at the tasting but how did it fare this time?

This aromatic wine is very light in color. It feels light bodied in the mouth as well as it is very smooth and easy drinking. It has some good fruit flavors, cherry, strawberry and maybe even raspberry, with a tinge of sweetness. It had a bit of acidity that made it fine for pairing with food. I very much enjoyed this wine and felt it was different from other Italian wines, probably due to the different varietal. At its price, it is an excellent value wine and should please most everyone. A definite Drink & Buy. I am glad I bought a few bottles of it.

No comments: