Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wine & Nintendo

Wine & Nintendo is not an obvious pairing. But the Japanese seem to think they go together!

Canoe has a new article mentioning that the Japanese have created a new Nintendo DS game that actually provides advice on wine.

The game, called "Beginners Wine DS" will help teach how to taste wine, give notes on selecting wines, and more. It only comes with a database of 120 wines, which seems small compared to how many wines they could have placed into such a game. I also do not know what type of wines they include. Are they only Japanese wines or could they include imported wines as well.

The game will be released on Nov. 15 to coincide with the release of Beaujolais Nouveau.

There is no information about whether this game will be released in the U.S. or not. I think the game has possibilities but I think it should include far more wines and information. It certainly would bring wine to a larger audience though obviously it should not be marketed to underage people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard,

You should submit this blog post to Engadget and Gizmodo. If they cite it you'll know (you'll get about 2000 views a day for a week or so). I did it about 2 years ago for my blog when I scooped an Enomatic story in SF.

Cheers!

Richard Auffrey said...

Thanks Joel for the head's up! I will definitely look into doing that.