Monday, October 1, 2007

Spanish Vacation: Update

Hola!

My third day in Spain and things have generally been very good. Madrid was a lot of fun and we ate and drank much. I have had so many pork products that I may come home with a curly tail. And I did eat roasted pig´s tail!

The bullfight was enjoyable. The men in the ring were both skilled and brave. The bulls certainly were dangerous. Now I know why I would never run with the bulls. You do not mess with a 500-600 pound beast with two sharp horns. The arena was packed and it sure seems bullfighting remains popular in Madrid.

Hit my first winery today, Abadia Reteurta. It was a good visit and got to taste some very good wines, including the superb Pago Negralada. I also got my wine salts!

Dinner today at a grill in Valladolid. Maybe try some suckling lamb tonight.

More updates will follow, as well as full reports, with pictures. Probably have 200+ pictures already and still many more days to come.

Adios for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Braggart.

Very jealous of your access to local wines...