Monday, November 12, 2007

Spanish Vacation: The End

Day Fourteen...

We had a final buffet breakfast this morning and then our driver arrived to take us to the airport. Then the long flight home.

What an amazing trip it had been. Spain was a wonderful country and we certainly have so many great memories. I am sure I gained at least ten pounds from all of the delicious food. I brought a case of wine back home with me and it made it safely.

Since our return, we have repeated the story of our vacation to all of our friends and family. Everyone wanted to know about Spain and I think some of them might even consider it for a future destination. I am sure we will repeat our story again to other friends and family members we have not seen yet.

I cannot rave enough about Spain. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering a vacation in Europe, especially if you love food and wine. And if you want to go in style, then consider Cellar Tours. They are certainly an exceptional tour company and do their best to ensure your vacation is as good as possible.

Now, what to do? Well of course it is time to start planning my next vacation, for next year. Probably to Oregon, to Portland and the Willamette wine region. And then in 2009, maybe Portugal, again with Cellar Tours.

So where are you going on your next vacation?

2 comments:

Gabriella Opaz said...

I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a fantastic time in Spain Richard. It makes me smile every time I think about it, because it is such a unique and special country! As for Portugal, I promise, you won't be disappointed, and maybe we can join you for a few days while you're there :-) Any excuse to go is a great one!

As for our next vacation. We will be spending the holidays in Sandnes, a city located on the southwestern coast of Norway. Then come May, or June, we'll be heading over to the Languedoc-Roussillon where we'll be bathing in French wine for a week. And, if we're very lucky, we'll be spending my birthday next November in India where we'll be celebrating Ryan's cousin's wedding. But in the meantime, we'll be here in Spain, hoping from vineyard to vineyard loving our little country.

Richard Auffrey said...

Sounds like you and Ryan will have some good vacations in your future as well. Can't wait to hear about them when you return.

And we certainly would enjoy seeing the two of you again if we go to Portugal in 2009. I am sure we all would have a great time.