Monday, May 5, 2008

Cynthia Hurley Wine Tasting: May 10

Are you seeking some excellent French wines? If so, then maybe you should stop by the OurGlass Wine Co. on Saturday, May 10, from 2-5pm. They will be hosting Bob Hurley from Cynthia Hurley Wines.

If your not familiar with Cynthia, this is her story in short in her own words....

"I spend about two months a year in France tasting in nearly every major wine-growing area searching for great wines from well-known, sometimes famous, growers and discovering wines from virtually unheard of growers. Sometimes I may get my hands on as few as three cases because the demand is so high, but for me, if it is a wonderful wine I will grab it when it is available. I import just those wines I want to put in my own cellar: one case for you and one for me. Believe me when I say that one of life's greatest pleasures is heading down to your cellar and picking a different bottle each evening. One thing is always common in these selections: they are the small independent growers who are doing the most interesting (and representative of their region) work in their appelation. If you find an offering interesting you can respond and buy it and I will arrange to get it to your house wherever you live. It is as simple as that - direct from the chateau or domaine to your cellar."

Bob is Cynthia's husband and business partner and he will have some exceptional wines from Sancere, Chinon and Cahors (Southwest Bordeaux). The focus will be Clos Triguedina, one of the oldest and most respected Domaines in Cahors. The Clos Triguedina is a beautiful dwelling, its architecture typical of the Quercy style, in a lush green setting where the cellars, the chai and the family museum are all worth a visit. In olden days, pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostela habitually stopped off here to take refreshment. In the local Occitan language, "Me trigo de dina" means "I'm longing for dinner!" in.

Note: The Hurley Wines are generally a pre-sell and require a about two week pick-up from order time. But this weekend OurGlass will have product in store for you to taste and buy bottle stock.

Some of the wines at the tasting will include:
2005 Couly-Dutheil, Chinon, Rene Couly ($21.99)
2006 Domaine Serge Laporte, Sancerre ($23.99)
2005 Clos Triguedina, Cahors ($34.99)
2005 Clos Triguedina, Le Petit Clos Cahors ($19.99)

Bob will also be featuring a few more selections from the reknowned Clos Triguedina. You will just have to show up to find out.

OurGlass Wine Co.
124 Broadway (Rt.1 N)
Saugus, MA
Phone: 781-941-8068

No comments: