Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cabot Creamery Haiku Contest

The Cabot Creamery of Vermont recently held a Haiku Contest where you simply had to write a haiku about Cabot Creamery or any of their products. I love haiku and go through spurts of haiku writing, generally when I get inspired about something. So this challenge intrigued me and I got to composing haiku.

In the end, I submitted thirteen entries and I am pleased that one of my entries was a runner-up in the contest. Here is that entry.

Moo! You take my milk!
Crafting long-lasting cheeses
Make me immortal

Thanks to Cabot Creamery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for submitting such great haikus!

Max mickle said...

The topics range from the history of Japanese poetry to the form of haiku to, of all things, science education. Each article is followed by beautiful examples of what was discussed. This book has become my reference book for haiku and other forms of Japanese poetry such as senryu, tanka and haibun.